Monday, February 15, 2010

2 weeks

I haven't blogged in awhile.  Last Saturday morning I went down to Flint to visit my cousin Paula.  We did some major amounts of letterboxing. It was really cold and windy on Saturday.  One of the boxes I attempted was frozen inside a tree inside ice.  I didn't have a crowbar or hot liquid to get it out with.  Oh well next time maybe.  We also attempted a box, that we attempted the last time we were down, and once again couldn't find it. Silly people and their difficult clues.  Well actually the clues all made sense right up to the end.  We just couldn't figure it out.  Maybe we will try to get that one next time also!  Sunday we did some Sterling Heights and Troy boxing after finding a couple on the way.  Monday, I went to HELL!!!  What a weird smaaaaalllll town.  They had 2 cool letterboxes there though.  We also went to Howell and Brighton.  I found 20 letterboxes........  Tuesday we woke up to a winter storm!  Yes apparently it happens down there once in awhile lol.  We stayed home until about 1 or 2.......but I was only 6 boxes shy of 200 and I really wanted that 200th box, but I also didn't want to die.  We finally decided to go to Ann Arbor......which normally takes an hour or so....it took about 2.  Everyone was driving 45 on the expressway.  I drove my car since I am more used to driving in those conditions and I just got new tires so hopefully we wouldn't be slipping and sliding too much.  We went to Saline cause there was this place that had 10 letterboxes.  Oh this will be awesome!  We could only find 3 lol.  Of course we didn't look too long for each box cause it was snowing like crazy!  Okay off to Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti.  We found quite a few.  Then we went to works4us's house.  Got to meet her and get another exchange.  Yay.  We stayed at her house for a long time.  They offered to let us stay there but we decided to head back home.  The expressway was awful driving.  I could only drive about 25-30.  I just kept behind this one car the whole way.  I didn't care how slow I had to go.  Visibility was awful.  Some idiot tried to pass me on the right shoulder of the road and they went in the ditch.  We made it back to Flint after midnight.  It took over 2 hours. Then it was officially my 27th birthday.  All the schools were already closed the night before.  The next day things were much better and I drove back home.  It took about 3 hours which is pretty normal.  

I celebrated my birthday at Applebee's in TC with my parents and son.  This past Saturday I went to East Jordan for Brad's nephews birthday party.  That was fun.  We went rollerblading.  Shane had fun.

Valentine's Day was once again spent without having a significant other.  Shane was my handsome lil Valentine though!

My ex Grandpa inlaw died this morning.  He hasn't been doing well for awhile but got bad this past week.  He was a great man.  The nicest and funniest person.  I will miss him.

I didn't go to weight watchers last week.  I went tonight and faced the music.  What a sour note indeed!  I so gained.  Uggggghhhhh.......gonna have to boot camp it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment