Monday, March 15, 2010

Bum Knee

Yeah it royally sucks!!!  So two weeks ago, right when the weather started getting nicer and the snow started melting, I decide I am just gonna take up running! Pfffft.  I have never been a distance runner or really any kind of runner ever!  I did track when I was in 7th grade.  That is about it for me running.  I didn't think I could run very far and didn't expect to so I was quite surprised when I ran a half mile without stopping. I actually was crying cause I really and truly didn't think I could.  Then I walked 2 miles then for my last half mile I ran most of it but did stop and walk a couple of times.  I repeated this for 4 days, then took 3 days off, then decided to run again last Monday.  My legs always hurt when I run but in a normal I'm not used to this sort of way and the pain goes away after I am done.  On Monday though, my left knee started hurting after about a 1/4 mile and I kept going because I thought it was just the normal aches and pains but by the time I completed my 1/2 mile I knew it wasn't a normal pain.  It hurt far too much.  I was a ways away from home and I had to walk home and I could barely walk.  I had weight watchers that night and was very limpy.  I decided not to weigh in.  My knee hurt badly all week.  I could hardly move.  I used an array of braces til I finally had to buy one that fit right.  I decided that if it didn't feel any better I should call the doctor today. Yesterday it didn't feel as bad.  Today was alright for awhile but now it's hurting terrible again.  I didn't exercise at all this week since I can hardly walk.  When I have my knee bent it doesn't hurt much but when I am moving it to or from the bent position, it hurts bad.  If I just have it stretched out it hurts.  It  hurts on the right side of my left knee underneath it sort of but the pain spreads to my knee all the time.  Ay yi yi!  Today though I went to Weight Watchers again and weighed in this time.  I have now lost 20 lbs! 21 to be exact but I was so glad to get that 20 lbs off.  It took me 5 months!!! That is way too slow for me and the 20 lbs just seemed like an obstacle I was never going to get around.  I would get so close and then gain.  Maybe now it will come off faster.  Before I went and hurt myself, the day before actually, I spent letterboxing with my cousin.  It was a gorgeous warm day and we went to the East "coast" of Michigan and had lots of fun hiking and looking at interesting sculptures at a park in Tawas lol. I took some nice photos which I guess I should upload to facebook sometime.  I always wait forever to upload pics.  Shane had a dentist appointment a few days ago and it went great.   Ohhhh and about a month ago my car died again.  This time it was at Meijer.  It wasn't cool.  Very expensive.  Had  to get the on board computer module replaced.  I so wish I had a job.  I took the census test and passed with flying colors.  Hope they call!  Well that's about all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment