Monday, January 18, 2010

January Thaw

So in the snow belt of Michigan, it has been in the mid to upper 30's all week. It hit 40 on Saturday! I am seeing bare patches of grass! What a strange site! I love when the snow is melting. Letterboxing can't be too far away =) Okay I am dreaming. It's nice right now (nice for mid winter in Northern Michigan anyway lol), but I am sure we will still get some more snow dumped on us before Spring springs.

So it was another week on my Weight Watchers program tonight. I got my 16th meeting medal tonight. I lost 1.6 lbs. I was expecting to lose more because I worked hard. I did a Biggest Loser workout everyday!!! Tonight though at the meeting, the leader said that sometimes we work really hard at getting activity in, and it doesn't show up on the scales because we are building muscle. She encouraged us to start taking measurements as that is another way to measure success. I guess I should have taken mine before I joined. I guess I was too depressed to think what they would say! I know I have lost inches. My pants don't like to stay up around my waist...I guess that's good. I don't have to buy new clothes either since I have about every size of clothes I will ever need in boxes somewhere!!!! I used to be a lot smaller than I am now. I am not going to get discouraged and I am going to keep working out everyday. Eventually the scales will catch up!

2 comments:

  1. That is right! I haven't done my weight yet because I didn't workout on the wii yesterday. I will post my update a little later though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can letterbox in the snow. Just bring a shovel.

    ReplyDelete