Friday, January 29, 2010

Protecting my heart?

Wow so I think that I've had a breakthrough on why I don't like certain guys and why I am so strangely attracted to others.  There are guys that like me that live locally, but I am not attracted to them at all really.  I however have this strange attraction to guys that live far away from me!  I've come to the conclusion that I do this because I have been hurt so bad in the past, that I know if I like a guy that lives out of driving distance, I can't really get hurt because the relationship will not have a chance to become serious (I can't move more than 100 miles from Mancelona without a bunch of court hassles because of my son).  I have never thought about this before.  I just thought I didn't like guys that lived close by for some other reason.  But when I really think about it, the guys I have liked over the years that live far away aren't really more physically attractive or a lot nicer or anything that different from guys that live around here.  Anyway it's interesting but also kind of sad.  I want to be in a relationship but I am not allowing myself to be in one?  Even though I have had this breakthrough, it doesn't change the fact that I am not attracted to the people that are attracted to me......sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment